1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Publishers: You wanna read this.

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by Hardnox, May 21, 2002.

1. Hardnox

Hardnox Guest

I talked to a friend today who is well connected in the biz. He told me that he was called by a label looking to buy an independent publishing company. I don't know all the details but he asked me if I knew any friends who'd be interested in a deal. My friend is well connected with both majors and large indies. He's a good man too. I thought I'd look towards my fellow musicians in the RO community first. If I can be the one to help anybody's smaller business get a major break, then that makes me happy. I'm not getting anything out of this, just trying to help out. I have no part in it, just putting up the post.

email: djk@hardnoxproductions.com

Email me, and I'll give you my friend's email...then you guys take it from there.

2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff Resource Member

Home Page:
    Danny, very cool! Would your friend be interested in moderating here, using RO as a place to check out tunes, bands etc. maybe setting up camp in the critiquing area. Possibly doing a Compilation CD of the best songs for this month or year. We sure could use this for helping groups get to a new level?

Maybe use RO to help discover new acts and then evenually he could take them on.

3. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

Not sure about this. 1. Unless your "publishing co." has a catalog what's the point? 2. They (the Label) can set one up.

4. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

I'm interested in this....message me chris

5. Hardnox

Hardnox Guest

If anyone wants his phone # and info just shoot me an email. Hell...you could always say "no thank you." Like I said...I don't care...just trying to lend a hand to you all. This offer is a few weeks old now. I just spoke with him the other day, we didn't talk about this. He was talking about getting ahold of Clive Davis. We're producing a track for one of his artists. I'm still feeling everything out for myself. I think that you should at least open a door, then decide whether or not you want to walk through it.

djk@hardnoxproductions.com