1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

putting in beats

Discussion in 'Recording' started by lite, Jun 16, 2008.

1. lite

lite Guest

Hey guys im a bit new to all of this. I have not long ago bought myself a tascam DP-02 MTR. Its great having a lot of fun. Need to somehow add in drums and synth sounds. As i do not have a drum kit nor 3000 mics I have narrowed my options down to maybe Korgs's Drum/synth machine of Cubase 4. What do you guys think would be better for putting in beats?

2. Greener

Greener Guest

Not that I would ever want to help someone get a drum synth... But what kind of budget do you have and what kind of noise do you make?

Buy a real kit and use one mic, maybe two. Still sounds better than a synth.

3. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

If you bought Cubase 4 you would still need a keyboard midi controller. You could step edit everything but that would be a pain. A decent drum sample software would be nice as well. If you went that route you'd be looking at at least $600.00.

4. lite

lite Guest

hmmmmmmmmmm thanks guys.. I'm looking at spending about $500. Just spend a bit on my MTR as well as mics and stuff so bit limited at the moment for cash. Not sure what sort of machine i would want, thinking of a Korg.. Making alot of ballad music along with some punk.

5. GeckoMusic

GeckoMusic Guest

FL Studio is good for this, and relatively cheep. It comes with quite a variety of drums and synths.

http://www.fruityloops.com

6. lite

lite Guest

thanks guys i will check out fruityloops and see how that goes.