1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Quad 50D

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by rubberlugs, Feb 16, 2005.

1. rubberlugs

rubberlugs Guest

I've just aquired a Quad 50D but the guy didn't ship one cable, managed to persuade him to pass on the power cable but I have no audio in&out cables. Does anyone know where I can source these, preferably in UK but not that important. Or even better, can I just fix those cables in with matchsticks without using those touchel like connectors, and if so where can I get the pin diagrams?
  2. AudioJohn

AudioJohn Guest

There is a wealth of Quad information on the Web - but start at:

MKH 800's

There are a lot of different variants of Quad equipment made for different Customers (such as the BBC and other broadcasters) - so different connectors will be seen.

If you have a problem finding the connectors - post another message......

(I am in the UK)
  3. rubberlugs

rubberlugs Guest

Not having much joy just now, there's a few of the phone numbers out of date. The response I got from the guy down in the southwest of England was unbelievable. He would not help me and he seemed genuinly shocked that I was intending to use my Quad 50D as a foldback amp. "You cant do that, its a labarotory device, not for audio".
  4. AudioJohn

AudioJohn Guest

I wonder who that was (as I am also in the SW of England.....!).

E-mail me directly via my Web site if you think that I might be able to help you further. I have a variety of connectors in stock - and sources for most old types.

I am intrigued to know what this chap might think to learn that many Quad amps are used in Studios for driving headphones! Surely not!

5. mace

mace Guest

QUAD 50 audio in&out cables

Quad UK can suplpy them :lol: , albeit at a cost :(

I too have a 50D, I just can't think of a use for it in my system :-? :oops:

All the BEST,
  6. rubberlugs

rubberlugs Guest

Re: QUAD 50 audio in&out cables

Well if you want rid of it, let me know, I could find a use I think
  7. mace

mace Guest

Still thinking i'm afraid, still thinking :wink: :wink:

:D Magnus