1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Quantizing question...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Fredrik, May 27, 2001.

1. Fredrik

Fredrik Guest

Does anybody know if there is a way to quantize audio-regions in the arrange window?

2. WSpeckmann

WSpeckmann Guest

Hey Fredrik,

yes - audio regions are automatically quantized in the arrange window.
    Just set the anchor (black triangle/sample editor) to your desired start point.
    Was that your question ?

Best wishes
  3. Fredrik

Fredrik Guest

No, that was not exactly what I meant.
    The scenario is this (for example);
    A recorded tambourine-track which need some "help". I apply the "strip silence" function to cut the full region in to tiny regions.
    What do I do if I want all these regions to start at the same subpositions on the timeline?
    Is there some sort of quantizing for all these regions at once?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
    Fredrik Lidin
  4. WSpeckmann

WSpeckmann Guest

Hey Fredrik,

try to use the event list (functions/quantize) - it's the only way to "batch" - quantize audio regions

Best wishes
  5. Fredrik

Fredrik Guest

Thank you very much!
    I'll try that. :)

Best regards,
    Fredrik Lidin
  6. cdp

cdp Active Member

Mar 13, 2001
    Home Page:
    Could it be that the question was directed at audio-quantizing? Quantizing in the event list, especially if the tambourine hits are occuring within the same object, is not intended for audio. For midi, things could be solved this way, however.

If you are referring to quantizing the performance of a sound recording of a tambourine, you cannot quantize that audio in the arrange window. You'll have to open logic's sample editor, and bring up the quantize engine from the factory menu. If you've used midi quantizing, the parameters should be self explanatory.

Charles Di Pinto
  7. pan

pan Guest

nope! Walter talks about the EVENT List of the Arrange. Go, have a look, Charles. This is an extremely dangerous hot tip. pssssst....

8. WSpeckmann

WSpeckmann Guest

Hi Charles,

in his second post Fredrik explains that he needs quantizing a f t e r using strip silence, i.e. he ends up with a pile of small audio chunks containing probably only one beat. Makes no sense to use sample editor quantizing in this case ...

Kind regards