1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Question about interns

Discussion in 'Recording' started by tedcrop, Mar 20, 2006.

1. tedcrop

tedcrop Guest

Are there any studios that need interns in the metro DC area?

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

I assume you went to some kind of recording school in the Washington DC Metro area? Which one? Omega? University of Maryland? Northern Virginia community college? Private tutoring at Sterling Productions? I might be able to help you or direct you?

Intelligently stupid
    Ms. Remy Ann David

3. TVPostSound

TVPostSound Guest

School of hard knocks :shock:

4. dwoz

dwoz Guest

No.

There's no such thing as a studio that needs an intern.

The reason you find interns inside studios, is because studio owners are basically compassionate people, and they feel really bad about all the interns standing around under bridges and over subway exhaust grates. Especially when the temperature drops below freezing.

Also, having interns around accelerates the allowable tax depreciation on equipment.

so I guess it isn't exactly pure altruism. But pretty close.

hope this helps.

dwoz

5. RemyRAD

dwoz! I was raised in Detroit and never really believed in slavery but at 50 years of age, I'm starting to think that it's not a bad idea anymore? I think the term "intern" is a euphemism for slave, sort of like "freelancer" is a euphemism for unemployment and "studio owner" is a euphemism for "don't know how to do anything else"?

Fishing in the dark with a flashlight
    Ms. Remy Ann David

6. TVPostSound

TVPostSound Guest

So if I'm a freelance and a studio owner, does that mean Im an unemployed ex-slave, that doesnt know how to do anything else!!!! :roll:

7. CharlesDayton

CharlesDayton Active Member

If I could just find the key to these shackles...and the keys to my studio...Oh wait! They're the same key!

8. RemyRAD

TVPostSound, it sounds like my life you're talking about?

Charles! I found your keys along with mine but unfortunately I locked them all in my car!

Barking in the dark
    Ms. Remy Ann David

9. jahtao

jahtao Guest

i went to a mastering house recently and they had a proper cockney tea lady!

10. CharlesDayton

CharlesDayton Active Member

There is a post house out here called "Margueita Mix" that used to have bikini clad women serving marguritas in the afternoon. The company still exists, not the hosteses.

11. RemyRAD

Dammit Charles! You burst my bubble of a bikini-clad career!

Not going to the beach anymore
    Ms. Remy Ann David

12. TVPostSound

TVPostSound Guest

Yep, I had me one of them Margueritas in the early 90s, when New England Digital was unveiling their "PostPro" sytem there.