1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Question about Pro Tools

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by supercharry, Dec 20, 2005.

1. supercharry

supercharry Guest

Can somebody exaplain why can't I import .wav audio files into my sessions? There seems to be a problem with this .wav's, I cant open .wav files in drumagog either....

what must I do?

thank you

2. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

I may need a little more info

could be a stereo mono thing ??

I'll make an ASSUMPTION and jump to a specific idea
    one should never assume
    you are on a Mac ... you have recorded B-WAV files.

I have found that many programs are not happy with the PT method of tagging a WAV file.
    AND
    why does PT use a PT icon on a Mono file when PT doesn't play the file when you accidentaly double click on it .... mmmm ?
    damed digidesign ... it never used to be like that back at PT4 and 4.3
    :x

Use Quicktime Pro to open the file then save as or export the file as a new wav with a new name
    now you have a Quicktime WAV and things like Toast and FCP and others ... I-Tunes seems to be happier with the files

frustrating isin't it ?

On the PC Win Media Player also doesn't like a PT WAV file so try a similar save / export trick.

that's all I got for now.

3. CharlesDayton

CharlesDayton Active Member

There used to be a great program for OS9 called SoundApp PPC. With it you could convert any sound file to any other. wonder if it is around for OSX

4. farside

farside Active Member

I was under the impression that standard wav. files dont work with drumagog?

I know they use "gog" files, they probably need to be converted. Check out the forum of the drumagog website.