1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

question about samplitude if anybody knows...

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by dissinagrace, Oct 23, 2003.

1. dissinagrace

dissinagrace Guest

i can't seem to find a metronome in samplitude 6.0. i tried going into Options>Progam Prefferences>Midi/Metronome Options, but i can't change the speed of the metronome (it's just a drum that hits at a real slow pace. can anybody help?
  2. I'm not near my studio so I can't say for sure, but have you tried going into the Syncronization settings? Pressing the G key on your keyboard should get you there. I'm not certain if it's there or not, though.
  3. tmix

tmix Guest

I have to be honest.
    When I first started using Samp 6.04 I could not fid a quick way to do metronomes either so I bought a cheap Boss metronome with a line out($40).
    I simply adjust the beat to what people want and record it to a track, either before they track or at the same time.

You can then create a grid to the known tempo ( I use like 3 times tempo for finer graduations) and line up everything to the grid. It makes it a snap to edit timing.

4. dissinagrace

dissinagrace Guest

i think i've figured out the metronome thing, (which i'll explain later cause it's tricky and i have to go to work now), but now i move onto another question. when i used cool edit pro i could record the same file to many different tracks. all i did was set a bunch of different tracks to record at the same time. how can i do that with samplitude? it'll only let me select one track at a time.