1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Question about USB mic's

Discussion in 'Recording' started by peckerXedge, Aug 4, 2007.

1. peckerXedge

peckerXedge Guest

i am very, very, very, veeerrrry tight on cash. so here's my situations. i know a bunch of people who have USB large diaphram(sp?) mics. so i can get my hands on about 4 of them.

now, my question is: Is it possible to plug all 4 into a USB hub and then plug them into the computer/laptop and have all of them like...work?

i just want to get a half way decient live recording of a 4pc band.

software i am using: sony acid music studio 6.0 (i got for free at a FRY's electronic sale)

2. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

:shock:

I think that you are going to have to try this out and tell us if it can be done.

WOW!
    :shock:

3. Doomith

Doomith Guest

If they are powered by usb then it is unlikely that you will be able to use them on a hub.

A usb hub is more for low powered devices like flash drives etc.

4. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

More often the reverse. I frequently recommend that people with USB-powered devices use a powered hub to take the load off the computer's supply, especially if using a laptop.

Whether more than one USB mic will work or not depends on the audio software being able to deal with multiple USB devices.

5. Doomith

Doomith Guest

Do you mean an externally powered hub ?

6. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member