1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Question about volume.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by metalmikey, Dec 17, 2004.

1. metalmikey

metalmikey Active Member

Hello. I own an M-Box and im running PT 5.3. Im trying to figure out how come my recording volume level is so low. It doesn't even break the midway mark. Anyone else had this problem?

Suggestions?

Thanks

- Mike

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Tell us everything that you are doing and all gear you are using during recording and we can probably help.

3. Noizemaker

Noizemaker Guest

Hi Mike,

Are you mixing reference levels by sending a -10 source to the +4 inputs of the Mbox? Take a look at your "Hardware Setup" in the "Setup" menu and adjust it to match your source signal. Good luck!

4. metalmikey

metalmikey Active Member

Hello. I am running a codenser mic straight to my mbox. i have the input level on the mbox set to three quarters and did some adjusting in PT. still having problems with getting the levels above midway.

5. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Which mic is it? Do you have the source button set to 'mic'?

6. metalmikey

metalmikey Active Member

MXL 2001 and Yes, i have it set to Mic. I even have the playback knob turned all the way to input.

7. metalmikey

metalmikey Active Member

Any suggestions?

8. Thomaster

Thomaster Guest

u got phantom power?
    dunno if thats on the mbox... but most condensers need phantom power

9. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

Plug into another channel - If nothing, plug another mic in - If nothing, change cables - If nothing... Uh... Play louder? Turn the mic around? You got me...