Question RE: CD player song title / artist display

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by Matt Bug, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Matt Bug

Matt Bug Active Member

Finished mastering a CD over the weekend. Gave the Master CD to the band. Their response: "Matt, this sounds AWESOME! Only one problem: When I put it in my CD player it doesn't display the titles or anything? We need that."

I used CD Architect 5.2 (which came w/Sound Forge 10.0) to create the Master CD. I've inserted all the song titles / artist info on the track list in CD Architect. Is there anything else I can do to make the song titles display for them? I realize much of this completely depends on the CD player, but I would like to have a better understanding of how this works. When I told the band I probably wouldn't be able to do much else, their response was slightly barbed, "C'mon we're talking about 8-10 year old technology, Matt." The band are good guys and I'm sure we'll work together again. We've worked together for many years. The issue isn't a deal-killer. But I would like to have an intelligent response for them.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. vttom

vttom Active Member

3. Matt Bug

Matt Bug Active Member

Perfect! Thanks for the quick reply and link. Much appreciated.

Cheers!

4. TrilliumSound

TrilliumSound Active Member

If these could help:

1- Gracenote | Gracenote FAQs
    2- How to Submit Missing CD Information via iTunes | eHow.com

5. Matt Bug

Matt Bug Active Member

Interesting info. Thanks, Richard!

6. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

A lot of modern CD players will not show the artist or the title. Most auto playback systems will.

It is rather hit or miss.

7. gmartina

gmartina Active Member

Hi Matt,

I use CD Architect 5.2 and it's very simple and good. Have you solved the problem?