1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Question to Jules

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by OneMan, Feb 17, 2002.

1. OneMan

OneMan Guest

I posted a question a few days ago about "who was familiar with the Akai DP88" and to the owners of Z-Systems, "Are they worth the dough? Remember? Anyway I need a digital patch bay for a few reasons, obviously. Here is the situation. I want to put an A/D D/A in front of an Avalon VT747SP and rout it's signal through the digital patch bay with other digital devices. I could run my complete mix as well as some individual parts through my GoldChannel, for some of it's "finalizer" characteristics, the HEDD (when I get one) and the 747. The analog inputs of the 747 would be in an analog patch bay still making it available for analog tracking. I am running the following digital devices:
    1. DP 3
    2. Motu 1296
    3. WRDA7
    4. tc GoldChannel
    5. Lucid GenX6
    I have a DAT machine and a cd recorder too.
    If this works out, I can run digital signals to my UA1176 too. What do you think?

Thanks for your time

2. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    Sounds like a plan! "Patchability" is great, you will expirement more with a patch possiblility at your fingertips..

I am nagging another chum to get his DAW side patchbay made up!