Quick Recording I did Tonight.

Discussion in 'Live Sound' started by slowjett, Sep 21, 2005.

1. slowjett

slowjett Guest

I got a firepod and bought a new laptop (my old one didnt work with it) so I can record my shows.. Its just me and my guitar. It was a quick recording, live 1 take in my computer room, so quality may not be that good. Theres probably a mistake or two in there too, i just wrote the song this week.

I set it up with one Large Diaphram Condensor mic (picking up vocals and guitar) (tudio porjects b1) and a line in out of my guitar. Recorded vocals and guitar at the same in one shot. Then cubase wouldnt mix it down so i spent half the night screwing around and eventually downloaded N-Track studio. That worked to mix it down and I here it is. I used Reverb plugin, and the rest is just how it was recorded.

Let me know what you think!

2. geeknik

geeknik Guest

Sounds awesome. did you use any compression? During that chorus it gets a little in my grill. Great job!
  3. slowjett

slowjett Guest

Thanks a lot! No I didnt. I was gogin to use the compression that came with Cubase, but it wasnt great, neither was the n-track plugin. So i just went with only a touch of reverb to smooth it out.