1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Quick response NEEDED!!!!! Monitor ?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Joshtruction, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Joshtruction

Joshtruction Guest

OK, in an hour or two I am leaving to get a new set of monitors, and I always make mistakes on my gear because I am impatient. I was at the store the other night testing out roket 5's, and tapco s5's. I want to know how good the s5's compare. They sounded fantastic when testing them, and I could not really tell the difference between them and the rockets. I am sure not being able to tell the difference was part to do with the fact I was in a music store that was noisy and had no sound proofing.

so 299.99 for the monitors.... are they worth it, and how do they stack up against the roket 5's?

2. CharlesDayton

CharlesDayton Active Member

Get both. Test them at home, return one pair.

3. Joshtruction

Joshtruction Guest

I just got the s5's because I can't afford both. So far I am really really impressed and have nothing bad to say and a lot better than my last monitors.

4. audiowkstation

audiowkstation Active Member

Let us know how them seem to you.

5. CharlesDayton

CharlesDayton Active Member

It was a short reply, but not flippant. Most places have a 30 day no questions asked return policy. If you have room on a credit card, really try both in your room. Do some critical listening and choose accordingly.

Good luck

6. Joshtruction

Joshtruction Guest

now that I have been messing with the tapco's I am realizing how great they are. Low frequency is there, but does not have "feel" but you can still mix it just fine. Mids and highs seem really well balanced and crystal clear. They are suprisingly loud too. SO FAR I highly recomend them. I will give more feedback as I mess with them more.