Rainbo Marvels--Vinyl Record Pressing

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by audiokid, Apr 17, 2009.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Thought everyone would be interested in this video.

Vinyl records comeback yes, no...

[youtube:6122f07702]http://www.youtube.com/v/LAAzyvK9yiw[/youtube:6122f07702]

2. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

I had to up my game into vinyl transfers last year.

Personally? I'm on the fence whether it sounds "better" - But it certainly sounds "vinyl" - And a lot of people like it.

And no doubt, I have a lot of CD's - But I "care" about my vinyl. Those are "real possessions" for lack of a better term. Maybe it's because I grew up on vinyl (and R2R for that matter), maybe it's "that something" about the careful handling and calibration of the equipment that doesn't apply with CD's, maybe it's the listening experience -- When I put on a CD, I'm generally bouncing from track to track. When I put on a record, I listen to the whole thing (or at least a complete side) start-to-finish. There's something "more personal" about it.

3. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

I had a meeting on Wednesday with a gentlemen who is setting up a record pressing plant in Cleveland Ohio. He will be starting off with 8 presses. I guess after talking to him that there is a market for vinyl that is slowly growing. I will keep you informed.

4. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

Related topic on the BBC...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8005429.stm

"Record Store Day", a promotion of rare and indie music.

5. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I used to drag my albums around like a wallet. My albums had so much value to me. We took such care of them, played the whole side and actually got into the sound as well as the song.

Vinyl records kept the industry alive and well. As cool as the CD has been, it has been the beginning to the end of what started all our careers. Vinyl put cash flow into the industry. No money left "makes jack a dull boy".

keep following the other related youtube links.