1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

re:search

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by 20to20, Jun 18, 2001.

1. 20to20

20to20 Guest

Howdy,

I can't seem to find the SEARCH link for this forum...sorry if this has already been addressed... ;)

Any comments from Sunfire subwoofer "cube" users welcome!

Thanks,
    Bob

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Subwoofers are a pain in the ass on their best days. The biggest problem is lining them up with the mains for something that resembles similar timing. They're great for watching movies at home, but I've never gotten them to sit right in a control room.

You might consider other, larger speakers, more amplifier, some work to your room or a whole lot of other $*^t before a sub-woofer.

That said...I'm pretty much talking about product here...they can be a fairly cool tool when you're doing writing and programming, I was mainly referring to 'serious mixing' [and only in my particular case...I know several people that hire in extra subs from sound reinforcement companies to get stooopid amounts of bass in the control room...and their $*^t comes out great.

3. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

The search function has been temporarily disabled.

A couple weeks ago, RO was shut down without notice by the server ops. Apparently, we had been using a disproportionate amount of the entire server's CPU usage. It was determined that the search function was the culprit, and we promptly disabled it so that the rest of RO could keep running.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope to restore the search function soon. If you or anyone you know can help us with either of the following, please let us know ASAP:
    1. A streamlined search script that doesn't hog the server's CPU
    2. Money for RO to buy a dedicated server and a T3 line

Thank you for your patience.

4. 20to20

20to20 Guest

Thanks for the replies...

Anyone else?

Bob

5. bnewsommfic

bnewsommfic Guest

The Sunfire seems to be really good. I got one for home, and while it was better than anything else I've used, the timing stuff pissed me off and I returned it. I use the Mackies a lot and they have more than enough bass for me but I usually don't do stuff that makes peoples' cars shake.