1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Realistic Acoustic Guitar Library ???

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by mark4man, Aug 23, 2007.

1. mark4man

mark4man Active Member

Hello...

I'm looking to find a top-notch sample library (not sure if that's the right term) with realistic sounding acoustic & electric guitars (mostly acoustic, hollow-body electric & 12 String)...that can be played via MIDI (MIDI guitar tracks, composed in a DAW.)

[& not Real Guitar, by MusicLab.]

Thanks,

mark4man

2. Doomith

Doomith Guest

You could always go with recording a DI or clean version of your guitar and going through a plug in like Guitar Rig or something similar ? (Sans amp, amplitube, ampfarm etc etc?)

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Hey mark4man, if you or you know someone that plays well, I often sample my own guitar(s) or record them and mess around with parts. I find my personal samples are often best when I play the things I want sequenced. Even if its not perfect sounding, something about your own sounds, recorded during the time a song is being composed, has a blend that doesn't come from a library. Truncating a lick and spreading it around a track works.

A library I am looking forward to next year may be worth checking out
    http://audioimpressions.com is coming out with a few incredible libraries. If their guitar library is anything like the RTS ( real time strings) coming out in Oct of this year, its going to be awesome.

4. mark4man

mark4man Active Member

audiokid...

I'm a singer/songwriter myself...but I use Tenor Guitar (4 string) for accompanyment. It's a great sounding guitar, but a lot of my stuff sounds better on a 6 or 12 string. Also: Thanks for the tip on audio impressions.

mark4man