1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Really good expander???

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by CFS, Jan 29, 2002.

1. CFS

CFS Guest

I am looking for options aside from the Drawmer Expander/Noise reductionDF320 cause I cant stnad the idea of paying all that monye for a feature i dont need(the nosie reduction thing). Either way I am wondering does anyone make a good expander out there that wont color the sound I got a very high quality signal path(Neve/Pendulum/Empirical Labs/Apogee) and dont wanna ^#$% it up but I need something to get rid of the ocasional background noise and I basically have fallen in love with that plugin expander in Pro Tools Drawmer does I need something in the anlog domain. Any suggestions and please dont suggets behringer/alesis.

2. erockerboy

erockerboy Member

Why don't ya get a Drawmer DS201 or something? It's super clean, and probably the fastest gate I've ever heard to boot. Can't remember the price but it seems like it only set me back $400 or so.

Good luck!

3. CFS

CFS Guest

to my knowledge that drawmer piece only does gating but I could be wrong. I have been liking the effect of expansion of late. If there isnt much of a diffrence in the drawmer piece do tell. The time I have used the 201 have only been on drums.