1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Reaper slowing down!

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by Kveldulf, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Kveldulf

Kveldulf Guest

Hi people, I am have problem that I really need to fix. I am using Cockos Reaper, and an Alesis i/o 26 firewire interface. Just recently, Reaper has started to completely slow down and freeze after I put in maybe 4 tracks with some heavy VST plug-ins. This is a big problem because I need a lot of plug-ins. I can't even open saved projects that would work fine just weeks ago, it just slows down and/or freezes. It's even worse if I switch the device to ASIO (which is what I use to record and monitor with, through the Alesis). It seems like there's just too much CPU usage or something after a certain point (a point which has somehow been lowered recently). I have a Pentium dual-core processor, and 5 gigs of RAM (it can only show or use 3.25 of it, apparently) so obviously with that much RAM it should be running beautifully, right? Perhaps not, though. Anyhow, I need to find some way to give Reaper more CPU usage, or maybe something totally different, I really don't know what. Can any computer geniuses give me a hand here? Please!
    Thank you dearly in advance!

2. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

Now my computer is slowing down because I swear I thought I just answered this question. Oh I did please do not double post!!!

3. Kveldulf

Kveldulf Guest

sorry, i thought it would be ok to also post this in the newbie issues section, won't happen again.

4. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

Just pick one place, Greener and I did answer in that section.

5. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

Too many people are doing this.

Maybe we could ask audiokid to stick a notice at the top suggesting users should not double post.

Everyone seems to either
    1) Post in the first vaguely relevant forum
    2) Post in every vaguely relevant forum
    3) Post in the appropriate forum after thinking.

6. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

This or the newbie section would have been ok, just not both.