1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

reason rewire

Discussion in 'Reason' started by trojanso9, Feb 22, 2006.

1. trojanso9

trojanso9 Guest

i opened a pro tools file i was working on and i just recently got reason 3.0 so i wanted to try it out through rewire. i set one of my track inserts to reason rewired but when i played back no music came through. any idea of whats going on here?

thanks !

2. rudedogg

rudedogg Guest

easiest way to get started is to make sure and use a stereo AUX track, set it to main L R outputs from reason.

create a new reason file and make a mixer and assign the output to 1 & 2 (L & R)

good luck

3. Shinyville

Shinyville Guest

Also, when you open that aux track, look at the volume--mine always open with the volume all the way down. Once you increase the volume, you'll hear your reason tracks.

4. trojanso9

trojanso9 Guest

so wait. is their anyway to hear your tracks that are on pro tools in reason? or is there a way to record guitar on reason?

5. Shinyville

Shinyville Guest

Nope. It has to be the other way around. Reason gets slaved into ProTools, and you have to do all real instruments in ProTools. Reason is just a weirdo sequencing program, in essence.