Reccomended Plugins for Vox and acoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Mixing & Editing' started by diziet, Dec 16, 2004.

1. diziet

diziet Guest

My next stage in upgrading my DAW system is to purchase some plugins. I plan mainly to record vocals and acoustic guitar. I'm not lookin' for anything fancy - a nice natural reverb / delay, a compressor and EQ.

I've thought about TC Powercore, UAD1 and a waves bundle.

Can anyone give me their opinion?

2. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

Sep 24, 2004
    What daw system are you using?

My new favorite is the Sony Oxford bundle. Best damn cartoons I've used yet.

3. diziet

diziet Guest

I have an Athlon 2000 XP+, 512Mb RAM, 40G system disc and 80G audion disc, Windows XP Pro. I also have cubase SE and an MAudio Delta 1010. Hope this info helps.
  4. DKeenum

DKeenum Active Member

Oct 16, 2004
    If you don't mind, I'd like to just to throw out the names of a couple of companies the have some nice plug-ins:

They both have demos and resonable pricing.
  5. splurge

splurge Guest

Try this reverb;

Sounds great and is "free" . I use it all the time.

6. David French

David French Distinguished Member

Jun 19, 2002
    SIR is a convolution reverb which means you will need impulse files for it to work. If you do download it, be sure to visit for some free impulse files.
  7. feggymango

feggymango Guest

I have the powercore firewire and love it for the verbs. I personally think that Waves stuff is overpriced in todays market. Try looking at some stuff from Sonalksis. Also second the PSP plugs.
  8. DKeenum

DKeenum Active Member

Oct 16, 2004
    From time to time I toy with picking up PSP's Easy Verb. Do any of you use it on a regular basis?