1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recommend books

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Unregistered, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I'm pretty new with all this (recording, mixing ect.) and was wondering if there are any certain books anyone can recommend to me for getting started in general recording, mixing, compression, mastering. I've been looking around, mostly on Amazon and there are so many, it'd be good to have someone point me in the right direction.

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

3. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

Look at the top of the page for the link that says "BOOKS". It's right next to Spot Light.

4. jmm22

jmm22 Guest

For some peculiar reason, I cannot access the books tab, which is directly below the home button, on my page. It is anomalously overlaid by the "new posts" tab, and when I try to hit books, it simply takes me to the new posts. Positioned right beside the two overlaid tabs (new posts/books) is the private messages tab, which works fine.

It seems to be a minor defect in the layout, the only one I am aware of, and I would be curious to know if others are also unable to access the books tab, or whether it is something on my end.

5. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Interesting. There are some style bugs with this software that I know are being fixed. Most of them are with older version of Explorer. What browser are you using?

6. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

IE8/IE9/Firefox3.*(Win7) & OperaMini/Dolphin/Droid(Android2.*) are all good on this end.

7. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Can you show us a screen shot, sound like you are not seeing RO at all like it should be seen? This is how it should appear

index.jpg

8. audiokid

audiokid Staff

better example:

Picture 2.jpg

9. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Apple > Safari > Firefox 3.6.13 perfect
    Window XP and Win 7 Explorer > perfect

10. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Be sure you have javascript enabled

11. moles

moles Active Member

My gut is telling me that the OP is maybe using Firefox, with the View zoomed in (or some other browser with a similar feature), OR has a very lo res monitor setting.

12. jmm22

jmm22 Guest

I have IE8. I just updated my java from 6.2 to the most current 6.23, but the anomaly is still there. Here is a screenshot:

ro.org books.jpg

It is a bit hard to make out, but if you look just under the home tab, that is where the two overlap.

Update: Hmmm... I just learned Java and Javascript are two different things. I will check further.

13. jmm22

jmm22 Guest

Here is a better image.

ro.org books2.jpg

I just ran a "JavaScript" tester, and it indicates it is working in my browser. Version is 1.3

The test page is: http://javatester.org/javascript.html

14. audiokid

audiokid Staff

well that's certainly not right. I wonder how to fix this?

15. jmm22

jmm22 Guest

I could blot out the offending flaw with some masking tape. :smile:

16. jmm22

jmm22 Guest

I mean it does work to stop the flashing clock on DVD player's where the accompanying manual was written by someone hell bent on driving the common man mad. Out of sight, out of mind. :tongue:

I would be glad to even have some circuitous means of accessing this tab, but I cannot find any back way in.

17. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

What is your screen resolution? I know it seems unrelated but could you try setting your screen to 1024 x 768?

18. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I am able to reproduce part of this by messing with me res and resizing.
    I changed the code for a test, how does it work for you?

19. jmm22

jmm22 Guest

1366 X 768. I just changed it to 1024 X 768 and 800 X 600 for good measure, with no change in the anomaly.

20. jmm22

jmm22 Guest

No change on this end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.