Recommendations for mic / comp for live

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by Smashh, Jan 21, 2018.

1. bouldersound

bouldersound Real guitars are for old people. Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Playing the drums, singing dynamically and working the mic all at the same time is, um, ambitious, and not just from a performance perspective.

Smashh and pcrecord like this.
  2. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Playing drums, following a click, singing and mixing FOH was my role for a while. I would sometime play the back beat with one hand and adjust faders with the other.
    When a lady came to ask to speedup the song while playing and signing (we used a sequencer) it started to be too much.. Having a conversation with a headset in the middle of a song isn't very glamourous.
    But it was funny when we discussed having to go to the can between songs!! :ROFLMAO:

Smashh likes this.
  3. Smashh

Smashh Active Member

It is a full on task singing and playing drums , sometimes one gets left behind .
    This was a couple of weeks back , it was Js birthday so we went out for a few and a jam too.
    Sorry bout my fat head in the way ...lol

Yep , terrible how some people come and request in the middle of a song , There are times when
    we just stop the song mid stream and ask them what they wanted over the mic . Only the
    real asses get that treatment , and they soon see the err in their ways ...lol

pcrecord likes this.
  4. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Very nice band, I love the vibe ! ;)

Smashh likes this.