1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recorded on a presonus firepod with minimal equip. Listen

Discussion in 'Recording' started by stuckinamerica, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Hi,

I was looking about a year ago for an affordable home recording studio. The myspace page link is stuff we've done for less than $1000 dollars (not counting the computer)

Here's my rig

Presonus Firepod
    $100 Presonus Compressor
    $100 Presonus EQ
    Cubase SX2 with hardly any plug ins being used
    Cpu Athlon xp3000+ Barton, 1 gig pc3200, 240 gigs hd.
    3 AKG C 3000+'s,
    Akg drum mic set with D112.
    Shure '57

This is a pretty minimal setup I bought everything used from harmony central and just kept an eye out for good deals and pick em up when I can.

I'm a complete novice so if you're considering a purchase this is what you can do with as tiny of a brain as I have ;) Let me know what you think guys.

2. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Good job! :)
  3. Vaylence

Vaylence Guest

I have not even listened to it yet, but If IIRs digs it thats saying somthing :p
  4. thanks

vegas is the one where I think I finally got comfortable with the pre's, I was always afraid to push them, but its punchier. Thanks man.
  5. XevKai

XevKai Guest

Sounds great! I can't wait, Im looking forward to getting that Firepod very soon here! Right now I have a really rigged up studio. I record and mix the drums on a Korg D16, then mix that into a track on Cubase, then do the rest over top that... It's good for demos, but the Firepod will make it much easier!

It's great to hear how good some stuff comes out on that. Great job!