1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

RecorderMan, I thought you might get a "KICK"

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by tripnek, Feb 14, 2004.

1. tripnek

tripnek Active Member

Yamaha SubKick Low Frequency Capture Device

2. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

What I get a kick out of is the price....I've been watching that product since it's inception. I'd like to have one and now that they're "blowing them out" (so to speak) I might just add one to the arsenal.
    Thanks for thr heads up.

3. Bobby Loux

Bobby Loux Active Member

recorderman,

what is the advantage/disadvantage of the yamaha shell enclosure over your open speaker design?

Also, is the desired effect of your technique something completely different compared to the standard "front of kick" traditional approach?

thanks

4. Paladyne

Paladyne Guest

Man o man, I would love to hear what that sounds like.

5. NolanVenhola

NolanVenhola Guest

Sue them! lol... yeah.

6. heinz

heinz Guest

still very happy with my lo-tech home-built version... it captures a deep but pure bass note that blends very well with my normal kick mic... rock kick with balls. And it uses RecorderMan™ bracket technology. ;-)

7. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

Glad you're diggin' it Heinz!

the new model sports two thread mounting holes (center and to the side) for additional mounting choices and a panle mount male XLR connector built in.

8. deanp920

deanp920 Guest

What thread details the construction of this?

9. missilanious

missilanious Guest

and too answer whats the difference between the open and closed designs, open gives you an omni type pattern with no proximity effect the closed design reacts more like a cardiod exibiting proximity effect. Patterns don't really mean anything though cause the only thing that is going to move it is low frequencies from a kick.