1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recording Acoustic Guitar not on a budget. :)

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by DavidSpearritt, Sep 8, 2008.

1. DavidSpearritt

DavidSpearritt Well-Known Member

Just bought a pair of M150's and recorded my old D35. These mics are stunning, quite superior to all I have heard before. Looking forward to doing my next piano CD with them, but in the meantime, here is a sample.
    http://www.lodestarrecordings.com.au/YouTurnMeOnImARadio.mp3

2. Greener

Greener Guest

This track gave me an interesting feeling, in the way that it's rich in the highs, as if the pick noise is reflected with a tiny delay, which makes me think your sitting in front of a window... And then, the tune is kind of melancholy so it makes me think your looking out onto a rainy day.

So you recorded it in a windowless room without a pick?

I had fun. :)

3. DavidSpearritt

DavidSpearritt Well-Known Member

Yeah, the prominent pick noise is mainly because its a tortoise shell pick and not a plastic one. Its not raining and its just in the lounge room of my little apartment, not near the window.

4. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Very nice! When are you going to buy the third one and treat us with some glorious Decca tree recordings with them?

Edit:
    BTW - I love the subject line...it makes me chuckle every time I stumble upon it and misread it...

5. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

So- actually you are on a budget. It's just that the line for microphones is $12,000, right? :wink:

6. jammster

jammster Active Member

Hello David,
    thanks for sharing your recording with us. I just recently bought a Neumann TLM103 and I have got to say that it is a wonderful sound and much more affordable for the average studio owner. Check out my latest recording here:

http://www.myspace.com/bretnorman

Best wishes to you all
    jammster