Recording Acoustic Guitar Youtube Examples

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by audiokid, Apr 9, 2017.

1. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
  2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    Millennia is something that stacks well with other character items. Millennia sounds awesome as a pure pre but I think is greatly underestimated or simply missed because its not spelt out in big bold print. It stacks well where others pres can be too much of a good thing... "smeared and over cooked stack".

Millennia is one of those ... thinking outside the box products. Something coined as transparent pristine accuracy can be used as a super core to achieve greater character dimension.

Same concept applies for all high quality transformer-less designs > Mastering level gear combined with processors , wow...

pcrecord likes this.
  3. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    audiokid likes this.
  4. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    They are selling products, period. I enjoy their well done video's but take it all with a grain of salt. This whole industry is questionable for that matter.

Even 90% of all the acoustic guitar demo's I listen to, I see where the player is picking and I never pick that close to the bridge when strumming. It always sounds thin and bright closer to the bridge. Maybe I am the odd ball out but take a look the next time you watch one of these. My guitars always have pick wear close to the 20th fret of an acoustic neck. Its where its the warmest sounding, full texture and harmonic control is richest.
    Half of them are using SDC, picking close to the bridge then going straight into Pro Tools. Yuck!

What were some questionable advice/tips there, Bos?

5. DogsoverLava

DogsoverLava Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I think as you say Chris the whole industry with respect to gear demo's and advice etc should be viewed with suspicion. The business model for all this stuff still comes back to sales and it's always left to consumers to evaluate with the understanding of the bias in front of them. Forums like this are good but you have to spend your time here getting to know people to be better able to qualify advice you read. I'm looking forward to the next time I dig into recording acoustic guitar now.

audiokid likes this.