1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recording Courses

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by Nick-89, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Nick-89

Nick-89 Guest

Hi, I'm currently studying A-Level Music Tech and im really getting into it as i have always liked recording. I want to pursue it further and do a course that will then lead on (hopefully) to a job in a studio.

At the moment i am looking at courses such as a BA (hons) Degree in Music Production, BA (hons) Degree in Creative Music Technology and a Applied Audio Engineering & Production Course, this last course doesn't actually give you a diploma or degree it only gives you a qualification in pro tools. The Audio Engineering course seems to cover all the things i want and it sounds really good, but I'm just not sure if it will actually allow me to get into work as its not a degree etc.

So basically i was just looking for some advice as to what courses i should go for, if you were offering a job what would you look for etc. All help is much appreciated,

P.S i would love to hear from people doing recording related courses at the moment

Thanks
    Nick

2. Nick-89

Nick-89 Guest

3. MediaMurder

MediaMurder Guest

Im into home studio stuff right now but I'm going to try to get into a 4-year school for a recording arts degree... hopefully with my good ears, experience, and soon good resume I can land a job in a decent studio... I could use some advice as well.

Nice bump too ;)

4. Nick-89

Nick-89 Guest

Is rhat at SAE, i looked at that course quite alot of ££ tho, but it does sound pretty good. I just dont know what i should go for...