1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recording Direct

Discussion in 'Recording' started by ThirdBird, Oct 3, 2013.

1. ThirdBird

ThirdBird Active Member

If I have an acoustic guitar with pickups installed, how do I plug it into a combo jack a presonus FireStudio? Do I just need to run a 1/4 cable into the combo jack, or do I need to go into a DI box, then XLR into the combo jack?

Thanks!

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

the fire studio has 2 mic/ instrument inputs along with 6 mic ins. you can use the mic/ instrument inputs to plug in a guitar pick up direct..

3. ThirdBird

ThirdBird Active Member

Would this work?

Bass >>>>>> DI Box >>>>> one out to the amp (miced), one out DI to the instrument jack?

4. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

If you have an external DI box, feed the amp via a standard guitar jack lead from a "through" or "by-pass" or "parallel" output on the DI box, i.e. the raw bass pickup signal. Use an XLR-XLR cable to connect the DI box output to a microphone input on the FireStudio; don't use a DI input jack on the FireStudio in this case.

5. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

unless the acoustic guitar as a high end dual pickup systeme, a mic is a better choice.