1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recording Headphones

Discussion in 'Monitoring / Headphones' started by stratman312, Sep 18, 2009.

1. stratman312

stratman312 Active Member

I was looking for some good headphones for recording, and am leaning towards beyerdynamic dt990. Does anyone have any suggestions around the same price range?

2. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

I like the Beyers and have a few pairs

and I also have many Fostex T20 and T40 s

tough reliable and NOT for mixing

3. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

If you had looked using the search function you would find enough reading material on headphones to keep you busy for more than several weeks.

4. stratman312

I actuall did search before i posted. once for recording headphones, but no results looked like what i was after. then for beyedynamic dt990 and still nothing. Instead of wasting more time then i would care to i figured i wold just ask.

5. dvdhawk

dvdhawk Well-Known Member

The Beyers are really nice, I don't think you would be disappointed with that purchase.
    The AKG 271 MKII are a good set of phones in that same price range you might want to try.
    I don't know if there are Grados in that price range or not, I think the SR325i is in there somewhere.

6. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Using a search engine requires that you are resourceful in searching skills. The search engine doesn't do instant magic in providing specific results that everybody wants or expects. Search for "headphone" and start reading. Ya, it's gonna take some time and effort on your part to fish for and thru what your looking for. The price of free advice and info.

7. stratman312

Ok, I've narrowed down my choice to the Grado 325i or the AKG K701. Does anyone with experience with these have a recommendation? Also how would you compare these to the Beyerdynamic dt990? I don't want a super open sound, but well balanced. Thanks

8. RonanChrisMurphy

RonanChrisMurphy Active Member

I just did some testing with the new Shure 840. I was pretty blown away. Best headphones I have ever used. I think they cost less than what you are currently looking at.

9. AEX-Labs

AEX-Labs Active Member

I like sennheiser, and at the $300 price point the HD600
    it's only limitation for recording is; it's an open ear type

10. themusiclab

themusiclab Guest

Amen, the new line of Shure headphones are absolutely awesome. Tracking, mixing, everything. Check them out.

11. nickyrash

nickyrash Guest

Well,
    I was thinking about this, but don't know ‘where and how’. Thank you for sharing this great stuff.
    http://www.endoacustica.com/wall_microphones_en.htm

12. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

We had a post last week where we questioned whether SPAM was available in Europe, specifiically in Germany...Looks like it is.

13. planet10

planet10 Active Member

Ultrasone 600/900 for tracking bands i use the Ultrasone 450

(ultrasone endorser, sorry)