1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recording Help in Cool Edit Pro!!!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Drawn_Away, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Drawn_Away

Drawn_Away Guest

I am using Cool Edit Pro and I need help with something. I recorded a guitar track first and then for the track 2 I want to be able to play track one through my headphones while I record a vocal track on track 2. When I try to record a vocal track, it plays the track one and that records over into the vocals track along with the singing. This is annoying because all I wanted to do is record a guitar, then listen to the track while I record vocals alone, not with the guitar recording again. Please somebody help me this is annoying! I used to do that just fine but then I stopped using the program for a while and now I cant remember how to do it.
  2. Drawn_Away

Drawn_Away Guest

3. spratz

spratz Guest

With out more detail I would have to guess that you are either getting a strong headphone bleed into your vocal mic when recording track 2 or you have a signal routing problem.

You might not be sending track 1 to a different output from track two so then both are going to the record track on track 2. Are you using a mixer or are you doing it all in CEP?

4. inLoco

inLoco Active Member

Jul 25, 2004
    it's the soundcard! check what you are using as recording on the sound properties! maybe you are using "what you hear" or something like that instead of the line in!