1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recording iPod today?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Nate Tschetter, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Nate Tschetter

Nate Tschetter Active Member

Howdy

Just a rumor I heard...

2. Nate Tschetter

Nate Tschetter Active Member

Howdy

Turned out to be a little adapter by Belkin that allows voice recording.

I would really like something like this for location recording. A friend records shows all the time using a stereo mic and a Creative Labs Nomad. It comes out sounding pretty decent...at least, enough to archive shows and whatnot.

3. Squaysh

Squaysh Guest

Here you go:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201526&pcount=&Product_Id=158384

4. boheme6

boheme6 Guest

Iriver's IHP series already records, has a built-in mic (for doing quick recording of ideas/conversations), has digital ins/outs, an FM tuner, will record in MP3 or WAV.. and the battery lasts about 4x as long as the Ipod. And it's cheaper.

I love mine, and know a bunch of other people who've picked them up - all love em.
    "-)

5. inLoco

inLoco Active Member

what i really hate about the ipod thing is that it is programmed to allow 24/192 but it only records at 8/11200 (i think)

i've heard rummors that there are people working on a crack for it?
    anyone knows? for what i know the recording limitation is just software! probably apple's affraid of law suits or something like that!