1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recording Issue Plz Hlp

Discussion in 'Recording' started by GsusOne, Mar 11, 2008.

1. GsusOne

GsusOne Guest

I have a Delta 1010LT sound card
    Q7 mic
    Reason
    and Sonar 6

And I need active studio Monitors, now for the dilema :wink:

I went to by the Samson Resolv 5oa with sub and my only problem is they dont have a headphone jack supplied...so how else am I suppose to record vocals while listening to the beat? and I cant plug the headphones into my comp port because its activated through the primary sound card....not my Delta....is their a config for this? or is it a cable solution? this might be a stupid question but Im a novice at the moment

any help would be appreciated thanx

2. bent

bent No Bad Vibes! Well-Known Member

You can send two line outs into a headphone amp.

Try that avenue.

3. GsusOne

GsusOne Guest

Thanx Ill will try that out. too be honest didnt know they had headphone amps thats pretty friggin sad.

how well are studio monitors that have headphone jacks? is that maybe a route I should look into? they just seem chinsy ya know.

4. bent

Agreed, I'd go with a self-contained unit.

5. bent

BTW:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/headphone-amps?N=100001+304640&src=3WWRWXGG&ZYXSEM=0

6. GsusOne

GsusOne Guest

Sweet man I appreciate the help and insight Bent thanx its appreciated.

although I will probably go with the studio monitors that have the headphone jack the other Avenue lol does not sound bad at all just more pricey I would love to have a headphone amp its pretty clean

7. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Monitors that have headphonoe outputs....

They're called computer speakers.

If that's what you're using to monitor on - good luck.

Try this -
    since you want to stay on the cheap, get a cheap chinese made mixer (be*****er or similar) and feed your line outs into it - monitors out of the Main mix out and then you can control the level of both the cans and the monitors from one little (crappy) surface.

It would certainly work better than computer speakers.

8. Spase

Spase Active Member

I use a soundcraft compact4 mixer. It gives me a main out, a monitor out(I swap between my monitors and my computer speakers), 2 headphone outs and 2 preamps. Not a bad deal for about $100.

9. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

There you go -
    An affordable, reasonable quality offering that will grow as you do (to a point).

10. GsusOne

GsusOne Guest

Sweet that soundcraft compact4 mixer looks nice thats the route I need to take for sure unfortunately I already bought the Samson mediaOne 4a studio monitors..might take them back

thanx