1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recording musicians start here:

Discussion in 'Recording' started by audiokid, Oct 9, 2016.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

It's possible that you've found this thread because you are a musician, wanting to learn how to record yourself or a band. You are on a budget, you don't fully understand things like converters, preamps, interfacing, compressors etc... and maybe you don't even care about those things right now.

Perhaps you are thinking, "Right now, my primary goal is to get my musical ideas and performances recorded, as quickly as possible, and with the best quality possible; but without having to be concerned at this time with all the technical details involved in audio engineering. At some point, I may choose to expand my knowledge in the technical aspects of audio recording and mixing, but for right now, I just want to be able to capture my musical performances in the easiest, quickest, and best-sounding way possible."

As a musician, your focus should be on the music; and you want to be able to capture your performances NOW. The PreSonus StudioLive AR Hybrid console-interface is the perfect audio capture solution for musicians and songwriters.
    Supporting sampling rates up to 96k/24 bit, the AR is easy to set up, and simple to use. It is perfectly suited for the DIY /Project-level musician, who wants (and needs) the speed and ease of "click and go recording". Both Mac and PC support the Presonus StudioLive AR Hybrid, so you can accomplish what you want on virtually any relatively current computer. For the project level musician and composer, there is nothing that this recording setup cannot do. It is feature-rich, and has everything you'll require to record, mix, and process music, but it allows you to do this quickly and easily - and with the outstanding fidelity that PreSonus is known for.

StudioLive comes with the basic software that will get you started.
    I endorse PreSonus as the number one place recording musicians should look before they start investing in any recording equipment.
    I can't say enough about how great I feel PreSonus is; and their StudioLive AR console and Capture software!

If this sounds like you, I suggest you start here:
    https://www.presonus.com/products/Capture

Watch Media Here
    http://www.presonus.com/products/Capture/media

-audiokid
    Founder and President of recording.org