1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

recording problem

Discussion in 'Recording' started by musicrocks, Feb 26, 2006.

1. musicrocks

musicrocks Guest

hey when i record the singing it comes out boring and dry and it sounds really bad like just plain out CHEAP.....but when its live it sounds pretty ok....i am using a comptuer from 2001 and no special editions to it ....like its the original no special sound cards added to the computer and am using a 30 dollar mic...could that be the cause of making it boring and dry or is it cause am doing osmething else wrong...am recording in a small room just to practice for a show which is gonna be in a large audioritrium like 400 seats or so.

2. IMO- the problems are:
    1)The sound card
    2)The $30 mic
    3)The room.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but once those things are remedied, your vocals will most likely sound better. Reverb or delay is almost always added to vocals during the mixing stage too.

3. musicrocks

musicrocks Guest

okay i figured those are the problems i just wanted to make sure cause i didnt get it...live version were good but then when it came to recording it sounded crapy like boring ...and rough and it lost its edge also

thanx!

4. Two things, masking and monitoring, are completely different with your situations. Maybe take one of your ears out of the headphones and listen to yourself. Just a suggestion :?

As for your equipment....it's not reproducing exactly what it hears???
    But you knew that already. $$$$$$$$$$$$

5. musicrocks

musicrocks Guest

is there anyway to put loopback on computer so i can literally hear the singing from the sound box ?

6. what tracking software are you using and how is the latency?

7. musicrocks

musicrocks Guest

what is a tracking program...only thing am using is soundforge nothing extra but that...:(

8. MDz

MDz Guest

if you have a lil money I could mix and master your $*^t, but hit me up i would have to hear how it sounds but more than likely i could make it sound gooooodddd....I am workin with some gr8 equipment.....

9. saemskin

saemskin Active Member

are you kidding me?

10. FolkFandango

FolkFandango Guest

try messing with the mids and maybe throw some reverb on there. if it doesn't sound good don't save it.

11. musicrocks

musicrocks Guest

hey how will the live version sound comparision to the recorded version...cause i am doing a show at my school......its werid cause the amp at the school has a reverb knob...does that mean the amp itself can provide digital reverb or is that something else?