1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

recording simultaneous tracks

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by supercharry, Apr 4, 2005.

1. supercharry

supercharry Guest

Hi, can someone help me undesrtand how can you record more than 8 tracks simultaneously on a Digi002 rack.

thank you.

2. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

Hook da Behri AD8000 inta tha Digi 002 optical ADAT port. Or something similar.

3. JBsound

JBsound Guest

You'll definitely have to buy some new hardware...something like that behringer or even better a presonus digimax lt. You could also buy something to interface with the SPDIF digital inputs on the 002r if you only need 2 more tracks.

4. supercharry

supercharry Guest

Thanks for your reply. So in that case, whats the maximum quantity of tracks you can record at once?

5. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

Just like all the literature says, 18 channels of audio I/O. 8 analog, 8 ADAT optical, 2 SPDIF.

6. supercharry

supercharry Guest

Thanks for your posts. Now, about these outboard gear (w/adat port), will these do a good job as mic pre amps? because as we all know, 002 rack hasnt got very good Mic pres, so it will be great if it will do good for both uses.

About the Digimaxes, whats the big difference between the 96K and LT 8? will any of these supply my needs of extra tracks and mic pres.

thanks