1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recording synths in mono

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Kevcs, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Kevcs

Kevcs Guest

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on how to record a synth track in mono? I have the stereo out of the synth in question going into a stereo channel on the mixer, then in my A/D box. Recording a mono track (I use Cubase VST/32 for PC) means having the right channel ignored with a stereo input, so what's the correct way to proceed?

Do I simply pan the stereo mixer channel that the synth is going into hard left? Or do I pan the actual patch on the sound hard left, so that the synth only outputs from the left jack?

Thanks for your time,

- Kevin.

2. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

Originally posted by Kevcs:
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on how to record a synth track in mono? I have the stereo out of the synth in question going into a stereo channel on the mixer, then in my A/D box. Recording a mono track (I use Cubase VST/32 for PC) means having the right channel ignored with a stereo input, so what's the correct way to proceed?

Do I simply pan the stereo mixer channel that the synth is going into hard left? Or do I pan the actual patch on the sound hard left, so that the synth only outputs from the left jack?

Thanks for your time,

- Kevin.

What is the mixer?