1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recording virtual instruments real time in Nuendo

Discussion in 'Nuendo' started by Dr_Willie_OBGYN, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Dr_Willie_OBGYN

Dr_Willie_OBGYN Active Member

Anyone know how to record virtual instruments (like Sylenth) in real time using Nuendo? I've always recorded the MIDI track then exported the track, then imported it back onto an audio track. That's slow and tedious.

I'd post this in the Nuendo forum but their new site is useless. Doesn't work.

2. Mo Facta

Mo Facta Active Member

Are you asking how to record a VSTi's output to an audio track?

If you are, I don't understand why you would want to do this in the first place. What's wrong with leaving it as a MIDI track?

Cheers :)

3. Dr_Willie_OBGYN

You can't have something like the virtual synth's "resonance" change over time when you play back the MIDI track.

Yes.

4. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

You don't record it you bounce the track to generate an audio file.

5. Dr_Willie_OBGYN

I just did a little research. Apparently there's a $20 tool called TapeIt that will allow you to set the output to an input channel where you want to record.

6. Ripeart

Ripeart Active Member

Can't you just route the audio output of your VST to a record enabled track? If that's not possible in Nuendo maybe it's time to look into a more functional DAW software.

I'm not familiar with Nuendo and I don't intend to start a DAW war! :)

7. Dr_Willie_OBGYN

Apparently not.

8. CL2Zero

CL2Zero Active Member

I know something you should try.
    Whatever your VSTi is create a group channel and send the VSTi out to that.
    Then set the input of the audio track that you want to record on to be the group channel.
    That ought to do it.

I read this post and then went into Nuendo to try this and it does work.

9. Dr_Willie_OBGYN

UPDATE: I finally figured this one out. Nuendo 4 and beyond has the capability to do it. Nuendo 3, which I have, does not.