1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Recording Vocals Seperately??

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by BALKI, May 24, 2006.

1. BALKI

BALKI Guest

I just don't get it. I am able to record just fine in Audition , but only stereo. In the past with my onbaord card I could record my vocals seperatley in Audition while still being able to hear the beat while doing it . With this mixer & card I can't seem to do that. The mixer I have is the Yamaha MG 10/2. It doesn't have subgroup outs or bus. I don't know if that might be the issue to this. Is there a mixer out there that can mute the music so it won't read in audition, but i will still be able to hear it through my mixer so i can record just my vocals to the beat? I've tried everything you could imagine with tinkering the settings in audition & mycard settings plus re-routing this mixer. No solution if anyone can help it will be much apprecited thnx.

The gear I'm using
    Audio interfaces: M-audio Quattro
    EMU 0404
    Mixer: Yamaha MG 10/2
    When i record in adobe audition the beat gets recorded with the vocals. In multitrack one track is usually the beat and the others are the vocals but when i listen to the vocal part alone it still has the beat and I record with headpones in my mixer.

I have an M-audio Quattro Audio Interface & using a Yamaha MG10/2 Mixer.
    Theres only a playback option in the control panel in quattro, but no recording.

2. mud5150

mud5150 Guest

however you have it hooked up is creating a loop, With your set up I would prob get some 1/4' to rca and run the rec out on the yamaha to th ins on the 04 then connect the 2 trck in. This should eliminate the loop. If not then I'd go to using the inserts on the channels for your outputs this would definately take care of it.