1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Red5 Audio Microphones

Discussion in 'Microphones' started by Jeemy, May 11, 2005.

1. Jeemy

Jeemy Well-Known Member

I hope this doesn't break any forum rules. A band I am recording sent one of the members dads along to talk to me and play with some of my mics before he bought his own LD condensor.

I showed him the K2 and AT4033 I have which were in his price range (well the K2 was a bit out) but he has ended up going for a Red Audio RV15 valve mic (tube mic).

This was recommended to him by a Glasgow studio owner who says the usual 'if these had Neumann written on the side.....' stuff.

I haven't heard it yet but I thought I would post the link up, and the fact that they do a 14-day no-quibble return which might allow some of you to try them out. I will be getting it to track vocals on a session and will try to A/B against the K2 and M930 and let you know how we get on.

Anyway, especially for those of you based in the UK, might be a little bargain.

http://www.red5audio.com

To be 100% clear, I don't know these guys and I haven't heard their mics. Hopefully its of some use.

And if anybody has used them, it'd be interesting to here your experiences....