1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Relationship between windows

Discussion in 'Recording' started by capitancarajo, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Hi,

One question here: Why a channel doesn't appear to be muted in the mixer when I muted it in the arrange window (and viceversa)?

I tried the link option (top left corner chain turned purple) but it didn't solve the problem.

Is that normal?

What am I missing?

Also, panning in the mixer doesn't appear to affect the hyperdraw line in the arrange window, it's not big deal for me but... is it another link problem or is that a normal logic behaviour?

Capi

2. pan

pan Guest

Hi Capi, you are misunderstanding the Track-mute in Arrange with the Mute-button on an Audio-object - these are two totally different animals:

Track-mute is used i.e. when you have three guitar-tracks on the same Audio-object (Voice) and you want to compare them. (Same as muting a Region. It also doesn't read the file, if muted. You propably experience a delayed mute/demute, if done in Arrange)

The Mute-button mutes the Audio-object (Voice) and works in realtime. (like the Solo-button)

In v4.x, Automation is achieved with Channel-Splitters for the Audio-Objects. You either have to record the panning on a seperate Track, or to manually draw the pan in Hyperdraw.

...or update to 5.

HTH, Niko

3. Thank you again Niko :)