remastered to vinyl

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by bap, Jul 8, 2004.

1. bap

bap Member

Hi,

Can anyone throw me some album titles that have been remastered and released on vinyl?

I recently visited my best friend of many years who has a daughter [late teenage] who has started collecting vinyl recordings. These people are family and very dear to me. Vinyl is becoming quite popular with many youth/young adults, at least in their part of the country [Salem, Oregon] and I would like to send a gift of vinyl to this girl.

There was a bit of talk a while back about the Rolling Stones remaster the Don was involved with. Are there many others as well?

I thought first of asking here as I am somewhat lazy but also have many other things to do currently.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated - mostly late 60's to mid 70's. :)

Thanks, B.P. [NOT British Petroleum!]

2. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

I typed

"remastered and released on vinyl?" in google and got lots of links with release info on albums etc,,

here's the google search

http://

here's example of a release page
    http://www.blackmark.net/releases.asp

hope it helps you out with your research

Sanity Inn

3. bap

bap Member

Thanks. I guess I could have done that myself without being any less lazy! It just didn't occur to me at the moment. :oops:

4. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

lol

Hey no problem,,,

at least this way I somehow contribute in the mastering section,,

hope something did come of it

peace

sanity Inn

5. markwilder

markwilder Guest

Hello,

You could try Sundazed, Classic, and Speaker Corner records. I'm sure I've missed a few. These 3 have a stellar reputation. Also, you might want to try the Steve Hoffman site (stevehoffman.tv). They have a forum which could help you more specifically (best titles, etc...)

Mark Wilder