1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

removing guitar finger noise and distortion using the Spectral cleaner

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by audiokid, Jan 8, 2012.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Ever wondered how to remove guitar finger noise including analog or digital distortion in a solo track without effecting the rest of the background performance? The Visual Spectral Cleaner in Samplitude is amazing!

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

3. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

Spectral analysers are perfect for artifact correction. Audition is targeted at broadcast production/post production and has had that ability for several versions. I can't imagine working without it on a regular basis.

4. audiokid

audiokid Staff

cool, its all new to me. I have an analyzer but never knew you could mouse over it and pull out sounds in living colour. This is amazing to me.

5. audiokid

audiokid Staff

John, does the Spectral analyser in Audition do it the same way as Sequoia? Like 3D in a way. Select the area where the background noise is, grab the colour it represents and remove only that sound leaving the rest of the audio spectrum un scathed?
    I'm blown away being able to do this while mixing and editing.

6. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

Yes. There are several tools to grab the offending transient, paintbrush tool lasso tool etc. Then you can either auto heal or perform a specific process on that spot. The Audition version is based on the Izotope RX suite though I think the branded Izotope RX is more complete. I think Joe Hannigan uses renNOVAtor or Spectral Cleaner or both. Magix has it's own sweet which may be built into Samp/Seq. This is another option, too.