1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

reposting: rec.audio compilation?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by cdp, Mar 5, 2002.

1. cdp

cdp Active Member

Home Page:
    Hi!

Any old rec.audio people in here?

I'm trying to help some people organize something similar to the compilation cd they did some time ago, and I'm curious about how they resolved song rights.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Charles

2. hargerst

hargerst Active Member

Well, it was for educational use only and we tried to make sure that at least the artists gave us permission, and we avoided any cover songs. Other than that, it was pretty informal. Are there some specific questions you have about it?

3. cdp

cdp Active Member

Home Page:
    Hi Harvey,

Thanks for the reply!

I'm thinking of doing something like the rap compilation, but it would also highlight the music of original artists (who are the ones contributing the tracks).

Once again, thanks for the reply!!

Charles Di Pinto

4. At the risk of sounding like a scratched CD: Harvey, can you offer any guess as to when we're finally going to get around to putting together the next R.A.P. compilation? I'm beginning to feel as though it's being permanently put on the back burner, perhaps because I finally have something to contribute. ;) Seriously, I'm very uncomfortable with this situation; I'm sort of leaving the artists hanging since I can't tell them when it's gonna happen. Even little things can strain weak relationships, and I sense I might be coming across as rather flakey with regard to this compilation CD that they otherwise have never heard of. Any guess?

Thanks,
    --
    Keith Blackwell