1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

REWIRE Ableton live into Pro Tools?

Discussion in 'Ableton' started by Baderup99, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Baderup99

Baderup99 Guest

Ive been using ableton live for about a year now and i also use an Alesis Firewire Multimix 12. I'm going to get the mbox2 so I can start using pro tools. But i wont be able to record as many simultaneous inputs as i could with my multimix. Since thats a bummer and i dont nearly have the money to get a digi 002, can i record using my multimix 12 in ableton live and rewire all my recordings into protools for editing?

2. yxf933

yxf933 Guest

If you rewire Ableton live to Protools ,this means the audio device is Mbox and Live just is slave,so you can't chose the Alessis audio in Ableton live.
    If you like do mix in protools,i think you can run live alone and recogding.Export the wavs later ,import to protools.

3. Baderup99

Baderup99 Guest

Ahhh ok. Yeah I was basically trying to see if there was anyway at all at getting around Protools hardware and using a non-digi mixer. Has anyone ever got a non-digi mixer to work with protools before?

4. yxf933

yxf933 Guest

Yes,you can use the Alesis Mix the all tracks to stereo and send to Mbox2, but do this means you can't process each tracks before Mix.

5. Baderup99

Baderup99 Guest

Yeah thats a bummer. I mean the only reason i need more than 2 inputs at the same time is for like recording drums; cuz for the most part I record everything separately.