1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

RIP Johnny Cash

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Don Schenk, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Don Schenk

Don Schenk Active Member

Today Johnny Cash went to be with his wife June Carter-Cash who passed away last May.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/965586.asp?0cv=CA01

2. Dave Nyberg

Dave Nyberg Guest

Yeah, tragic news. But it's also cause of himself for a bit. He had diabetes and he drank pretty much. As we all know, these 2 don't mix well... Still a great loss for the world.

3. SmattyG

SmattyG Guest

If you haven't seen it, I recommend downloading the video "Hurt" by Johnny Cash. I'm not sure when it was recorded, but it's got this really eery "goodbye" quality to it. A lot of shots of him in his old age, and shots of his wife (i think). In light of his passing, it's a pretty intense video to watch.

4. Aziel

Aziel Guest

Yeah, one of the most beautyfull videos i ever see...R.I.P Johnny... :h:

5. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

"Hurt" is a Nine Inch Nails song that Cash covered. All the stuff Cash had recorded with Rick Ruben in the past few years is good stuff. It is well worth checking out. I think Johnny would have stuck around if his wife June, had lived (that is her in the video). I think he died of a broken heart more than anything else. We lost Sam Phillips this last month also. Tom Dowd and Jeep Hartned (sp?) (founder of MCI) passed earlier this year. It's been a bad year for the ledgends and the pioneers. I will miss Johnny Cash's music. "Ring of Fire" and "Big River" have both been favorites of mine for a long time. Kurt