1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

RME converter

Discussion in 'Converters & Interfaces' started by MGP, Nov 27, 2003.

1. MGP

MGP Guest

Does anyone knows something about RME converters?
    Are they good? I´m looking for a converter with good quality, but I can´t afford an Apogee.
  2. sdelsolray

sdelsolray Active Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Portland, OR
    They are very good.
  3. i have a RME ADI-8 PRO.

I never tried other, but i like it ;)

ops, i have a terratec EWX 24/96.

I've never compared my RME with EWX 24/96

[ November 28, 2003, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Gabriel Sousa ]
  4. lautmaschine

lautmaschine Guest

I've never compared my RME to an Apogee, but I have heard that some people actually prefer the AD/DA quality of the RME. Check out Recording Magazine May 2002, where Scott Dorsey compares the ADI-8 to a Prism.
  5. MisterBlue

MisterBlue Guest

I own the ADI-8PRO and am very happy with it. Blew everything out of the water I used before (MOTU, Delta1010, etc.). I also have not done a direct comparison with Apogee but there is ample testimony on the web from people that have compared them. RME's hold up real well.

Unless you want to pay a lot more money for a marginal improvement (if any at all) the RME's are a safe bet. BTW, they are identical with the Nuendo's, except that those sell for a significant additional premium ...

6. Bobby Loux

Bobby Loux Active Member

Jan 14, 2003
    are they still making the ADI-8PRO? i noticed a lot of online sites dont have them in there inventory any longer...where's the best place to purchase and what's the price on those these days?
  7. Roly

Roly Guest

There's also Lucid, Swissonic, Panasonic and Sonorus (made by Swissonic).