1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

RNP or Amek 9098?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by sepoksto, Apr 26, 2005.

1. sepoksto

sepoksto Guest

I have to choose between the two micpres: RNP or AMEK 9098 DMA. Which is better, which one to buy? Has anybody used or tested these side by side (money is not the question)???
    I´d really appreciate any advice....! :)
  2. jonnyc

jonnyc Guest

I was told that RNP are total crap eventhough I think they sound really good for the price. So go with whatever else you said.
  3. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    the (Neve) Amek 9098 is supposed to be really nice
  4. Plush

Plush Guest

Oh boy. . .
  5. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    If you don't know which one or why one is better than the other and you can't hear both to judge for yourself, it is not likely to make any difference to you which one you get.
  6. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Amek 9098......honestly.....I don't want to start a war, but you are comparing a Tonka truck to Bigfoot by comparing the RNC to an Amek 9098!
  7. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Moderator

Feb 23, 2005
    I believe that AMEK announced that they were not going to be making these mic pre's as of April(?). They are only going to get more expensive as time passes...great stuff, bite that $$bullet and invest in a bit of audio Rolls Royce gear!
  8. Reggie

Reggie Distinguished Member

Dec 20, 2004

Why do you HAVE to choose between these?
    {if you are being held hostage and have a gun to your head, type ···---··· and we will send help}
  9. sepoksto

sepoksto Guest

RNP or AMEK 9098...

Reggie asked: "Why do you HAVE to choose between these?"

I don´t really have to. There are of course other alternatives... An engineer, former studio-owner is selling these mic pre´s and I don´t
    have a chance to test them right now.

I know AMEK 9098 DMA is supposed to be high end class A (?). But what about RNP - I´ve read some good reviews about this ugly "really nice pre amp" (http://www.harmony-central.com). And it´s a bit cheaper...

I´m just curious to hear any user comments/experiences about these. What´s the sound like (this very subjective thing only matters to me). So, is there anybody who is able to compare/comment....? (sorry my english)