1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

RO website appearance suggestions

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by audiokid, Jan 17, 2015.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Hey,

I've been working to improve the clarity of the fonts and colour for better balance between all browser's, including smart phones.
    How does the forum look on your browser?
    Do you like the colours?
    What suggestions do you have?

Thanks.

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

i suggest it's fine as it is. i hate change ..... lol!

pcrecord likes this.
  3. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Well I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but you are seriously peaking your 2-bus meters in the top left hand corner of the screen. You might wanna think about backing the gain down a bit. :p

4. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I was waiting for that! And was going to ask this after it actually was mentioned! My first awaiting comment was, That red is for our agreeing to disagree and my relentless attitude towards consoles lol!

You just made my day. I expected it would be you who took a shot on that one. Right on.. (y)

Joking aside, I have actually been thinking I should remove the red. The examples of Wisdom. I may just do that.

5. Kurt Foster

it depends on what the meters are displaying , VU or digital. Red is ok on VU's.

6. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Indeed! I like em slamming when they add that delay action to the beat lol!.
    I think I'm going to try and drop the red out and see how it looks. The red is a bit too obvious, almost distracting.

7. DonnyThompson

Nah... we're fine - as long as we're going to tape. ;)

Looks to me to be just about at that sweet spot on a tape deck loaded with 499 at 320 nWb/m ... that +4 to +6 area where some very groovy sounds could happen.

But if we're talking digital... well, that puppy's gonna be knockin' and spittin' worse than a '52 Buick Roadmaster running low on oil. ;)

:LOL:

8. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I tamed it down to around -20 How does it look?

9. DonnyThompson

well, that depends. Are you gonna strap an 1176 across the 2-bus? :coffee: ;)

10. Kurt Foster

i love '52 Buick's ... straight 8. shades of Wonder Wart Hog!

11. DonnyThompson

Hahahaha....

My grandfather had a '56 RM. The back seat in that monster was 27 feet away from the back of the front seats. You could live in the trunk - if you were okay with having only a one bedroom apartment.
    The driver's seat had it's own zip code.

Ba-dum Ching!

I'm here all week. Try the veal.

12. audiokid

audiokid Staff

My dream car, 56 Buick special.
    http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/img_7543.jpg

13. JohnTodd

JohnTodd Well-Known Member

Looks great on Fartfox.

bigtree likes this.
  14. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Now that's a finer representation of RO. Hows the new VU look for our header, pretty sweet eh!

JohnTodd likes this.
  15. Kurt Foster

can you make it go to +6?

16. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Not without cooking the upload :D

17. Kurt Foster

i like it

18. audiokid

audiokid Staff

me too, thanks!

19. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

Back to website appearance, I Wonder if a better contrast of the top row of the menu wouldn't be better on small displays. (see recording.jpg)

Also the replies and views on the top row are not aligned with the amount. (see recording.jpg)
    I wound put nothing in the title bar or combine the words like : replies/views or something

Of course the site could stay as is ;) those are very small things I noticed.

Attached Files:

JohnTodd likes this.
  20. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Hey Marco, these are exactly the answer I am looking for, thanks! I agree as well. Those area's are exactly where I am right now. Should have it better by the end of the day.