1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Rode NT1000 on acoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by phulden, Mar 15, 2005.

1. phulden

phulden Guest

Has anyone recorded acoustic guitar with a Rode NT1000? Any experiences?

I've tried a little (Rode into Digi002 rack) but it sounds awful.

Any tips on mic position, what kind of room, eq tips?

2. _basso_

_basso_ Active Member

Try this link :wink:

Swedish----->http://testing.holmerup.biz/mic_pretest/
    English------>http://testing.holmerup.biz/mic_pretest/index_en.html

3. bap

bap Member

Interesting site - I might download some when I am at work as I have dial up at home.

I didn't see any NT1000 samples there but have gotten some decent results with mine. I can't give any real recommendations because I only use rooms available to me and you will have to use what's available to you. I think you can probably get some good results with the NT1000 if you experiment a little.

4. DaveRunyan

DaveRunyan Active Member

It depends on the guitar. I have a Taylor 714ce and the only mic I like on it that I own is the NT1000. I also have sm81s and AT 4041s in my collection and they just don't come close to the smooth sound of the NT1000.

5. phulden

phulden Guest

Well it's good to hear that you have achieved good results, then at least I know it's worth experimenting with.

What pres do you all use with it?

6. DaveRunyan

DaveRunyan Active Member

I use a focusright octi pre for the preamp when recording acoustic. For some reason the NT1000 works well with that pre. Add just a touch of the compressor that is on that unit and it has a very solid smooth sound.

7. bap

bap Member

I like to use the NT1000 with my Hamptone JFET. It's a very round and full sounding pre but without lots of coloration - smoothes those Rode highs a bit!