1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Rode NT3

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by 6APTAWEB, Aug 2, 2007.

6APTAWEB Guest

Reviews, thoughts, comments. My friend bought it and is planning to use it on guitar and vocals for generally progressive rock. I doubt its a good mic for vocals, but I have no experience with it.

2. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Hmmm...NT3 on vox. I wouldn't.

It's fine for guitar (acoustic or some electric - not heavily overdriven).

For voice, I think you'll find it lacks the dimension of a large diaphragm condenser
  3. Sights

Sights Guest

We have tried a U87, 414, and an NT2 on my wife's vox, and for her voice the NT2 won hands down. ':shock:' Works great on acoustic guitar too. ':D'

The thing is that every voice is different and will have a different sound on any given mic. To say one mic isn't so good on vox is a big statement, for while it might sound lousy on one voice, it sounds great on another; regardless of how much it costs or how great its reputation.

IMHO, give the NT3 a try on the vox and listen! Your friend may be disappointed or he just might be wrapped!!

BTW, the NT3 is a great mic for the price; in fact I havn't found a bad Rode yet. There are plenty of better mics out there, but the Rodes are very good quality, very rugged construction, and a great "bang for buck" mic. ':cool:'